Friday, July 5, 2013

A Natural Hair Mask! Coconut Oil and Honey



Ello!
Tonight I decided to try a little special something for my locks.
After hours of Pinterest-ing, I finally found a recipe that I actually had the ingredients in my kitchen.


The hair mask I chose included coconut oil and honey! Two simple products you can pick up at any grocery store in no time. The instructions said to mix together 1 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 tbsp of honey into a small sauce pan on very low heat. As soon as I put the oil in, it started to pop and fly up at me....so I highly suggest putting in the honey first. After heating it, I poured the mixture into a coffee mug. I brushed my hair out thoroughly and started rubbing the substance all over my hair. I recommend trying to avoid the scalp, because the mask is aimed towards helping with dry ends. At one point I just dipped my ends into the coffee mug and worked the mix upwards. As soon as I covered all the hair, I left it sit for about 30-40 minutes.
The smell is pretty good, but after awhile it started to get a little old... after the time limit, I jumped in the shower and washed it out as much as I possibly could! The directions did say to wash with your favorite conditioner afterwards, but since I am trying to not put anything extra with chemicals in my hair, I just rinsed and rinsed until I could rinse no more!

It has been about 4 hours since I did the treatment and my hair feels marvelous! It really does make it feel soft and the ends are not drying out as fast as they usually do. My hair does feel a little rough/sticky..like I still have honey left somewhere in my hair, so next time I will most likely rinse with a conditioner, but all in all I very much like this hair mask and recommend at least trying it once!

Adieu! <3

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post,love products with coconut.*__*
    I like your blog. Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I will certainly follow back!

    ReplyDelete